Motorcycle Tour Photo Gallery
Western Turkey Classic Tour
May 26th to Jun 4th 2013
Rider: € 3990 / Co-Rider € 1990
Upgrade to BMW F 800 GS: € 350
Upgrade to BMW R 1200 GS: € 450
Turkey: A ride into the historical storybook lands of Western Turkey.
Ride with Compass Expeditions as we visit 3000 year old antiquities and ride the magnificent Western Mediterranean along the stunning Turquoise Coast. This tour is designed to show you some of the best of Turkish history and archaeology along with some of the most magnificent coastal and mountain riding.
- 3000 year-old rock Tombs of Kaunos
- Ancient city of Ephesus (one the 7 great wonders of the ancient world)
- Beautiful mountain twisties of Anatolia
- Ancient coastal city of Olympos
- Stunning coastal route and southern turquoise coast
Tour start: Göcek
Tour finish: Göcek
Accommodation: 10 nights in 3 – 4 star hotels & 1 bonus night
Single Supplement: Zero
Ride days: 10
This tour is mainly on traffic free paved B roads that are generally in good condition; however, occasionally we ride on minor roads through villages and dirt surfaces that can occasionally contain some potholes and loose gravel. There are some tracks that take us to some historic places but they are optional and very manageable for most riders.
Total Distance: 3000km / 1875ml
Week one: After leaving our home port of Göcek we visit the 3000 year-old ancient rock tombs of Kaunos and the turtle-breeding grounds of Dalyan. From here, we ride one of the best routes in Turkey – the stunning, twisty, Mediterranean coastal mountain route to the port of Old Datça. After an overnight stop in the quaint village, we head north, taking in the splendid views of Bafa lake to our night-stop in the former Greek mountain village of Şirince. There is a ‘must see’ visit to the ancient city of Ephesus – the second largest city of the Roman Empire and one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Leaving along the Aegean coast we will arrive for the night at the chique old town of Alacatı. On this tour we will ride some of the best routes in Turkey, some not even on maps, with mile after mile of twisties and mountain roads, traffic free, with stunning scenery and enjoy some of the very best food Turkey has to offer, and there is an opportunity for a traditional Turkish bath and massage to ease away any aches and pains.
Week two: We head south-east for the limestone lunar landscape of Pamukkale, with an optional day-off or a ride to the ancient ruined city of Aphrodisias. Heading for the coast we reach the 2nd Century ancient port of Olympos, with a night-time visit to the eternal flames burning out of the rocks at Chimera. Here you can relax on the beautiful unspoilt beach before departing the next day for the beautiful sunken city of Simena and an overnight in the sea-port of Kaş. Heading home, we ride the beautiful turquoise coastal route west; with the chance to swim in the clearest Mediterranean water. The final day guides us along the coast before we head inland through the mountains for our return back to our base in Göcek.
- Airport transfers from Dalaman Intl.
- Rental of late model fully equipped BMW motorcycle
- Panniers and top case
- Meals as per itinerary
- Bi-lingual motorcycle guide
- Motorcycle insurance (damage excess applies)
- Quality accommodation in 3 – 4 star hotels
- Office support for travel, connections, luggage etc
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
- Flights and airport taxes
- Entrance to historical sites
- Alternative activities eg. boat trips
- Personal travel insurance
- 10 nights in 3 – 4 star hotels & 1 bonus night. For a list of our accommodation styles please refer to [insert link to accommodation information].
- 11 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Please note that you will need to be in Göcek one day prior to start of tour (accommodation included).Please be aware that Göcek is a 20 minute drive from Dalaman International Airport (Airport transfers included)
- All international flights stop over in Istanbul, Dalaman International is a one hour flight from Istanbul
- It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of expedition. Compass Expeditions has negotiated a 10% discount with various insurance providers, see [insert link to insurance details]