DAKAR Supporters Tour
Chile & Argentina: The Ultimate Dakar Supporters Trip
The VIP Supporters Tour is the ultimate way to experience and be part of the Dakar rally without suffering the brutality of two weeks on the world’s toughest event. Dakar has proved notoriously difficult to follow as a spectator so Simon Pavey and his team have come up with a way to experience the race and enjoy the wonderful adventure riding that Chile has to offer.
Grade 2 Bike Tour
90% of this ride is on paved road however these road surfaces can be in bad condition with large potholes.
10% of this ride is on dirt, most dirt is hard packed, although there are sections that can have loose gravel and can be rutted. Dirt surfaces can also be loose in sections. This ride also crosses high altitude passes.
For more information about our Ride Grade System Please Click Here
DATES & AVAILABILITY
DATES: 9th January to 18th January
TOUR CODE: DK/090115 AVAILABILITY: Rider AVAILABLE Co-rider 4 PLACES
- Fully escorted 11 day tour with exposure to the 2015 Dakar Rally, full unrestricted access to the Bivouac on the rest day to include ASO VIP passes, a four day motorcycle adventure tour in Chile on BMW F700 motorcycles, rounded off by welcoming the arrival of the Dakar teams in Buenos Aires and entering the Bivouac once again with ASO VIP passes. Attend the Dakar 2015 after event drinks event and be hosted by Team PAVEY at the privateer’s dinner to hear all the stories from the rally.
Tour start: Santiago
Tour end: Buenos Aires
Accommodation: 9 nights
Ride Days: 4
Flight from Santiago to the coastal city of Iquique
Spend the day with TEAM Pavey, explore the Dakar Bivouac and get behind the scenes access to the Dakar Temas with your ASO VIP passes. The evening will be spent enjoying a BBQ within the bivouac with the crew from TEAM Pavey
Fly to the stunning Chilean Lakes District where you will be transferred to the resort town of Pucon spectacularly set at the foot of Villarica Volcano.
Day 4 to 7
We spend 4 days exploring the world renown Lakes District famous for its stunning scenery of volcanoes, rare forests and abundant lakes.
Fly from the Lakes District to the Dakar end city of Buenos Aires where you can explore the city take in the Dakar vibe and await for the teams to start arriving.
A relaxed start to the day way before we make our way to the arrival area to watch and welcome the Dakar rally teams arrive in Buenos Aries then gain access to VIP podium cocktail party. Finally, off to dinner with team PAVEY and the privateers to enjoy an evening of good food, wine and to hear the many stories told by the true heroes of the Dakar motorcycle world.
Say goodbye to the guys from TEAM Pavey and either fly home or take the time to explore the remarkable city of Buenos Aires.
- Airport Transfers
- Your name on Dakar Bike & Support vehicles
- VIP access during the event
- Internal flights
- Motorcycle rental BMW F700 GS
- Support vehicle with passenger carrying ability
- Breakfast’s everyday
- Four lunches and all dinners
- Accommodation in excellent small hotels
- Services of TEAM Pavey ride leader and support vehicle driver
- Pre-departure material and route maps
- Access to satellite phone, pay per minute
- Team shirt
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
- International flights
- Visas (if required)
- Personal items
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- 9 nights hotels
- Accommodation ranges from small family run hotels through to 4 star hotels,
- A flexible attitude is needed as standards are not always what we are accustomed to.
On every day of the tour we include breakfast. On mentioned ride days we provide a picnic lunch that we prepare ourselves from our mobile kitchen. We include all dinners in reliable restaurants we have used many times before.
Breakfasts: 9 / Lunches: 4 / Dinners: 9
- Please note that you will need to be in Santiago one day prior to start of expedition.
It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of expedition. Compass Expeditions has negotiated a 10% discount with various insurance providers, see Travel Insurance for details.