East Meets West
Turkey, Greece, Montenegro, Albania, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy & Germany: This extraordinary ride will take in the stunning scenery of Eastern Europe and the wonders of Turkey.
This is a very unique tour, spanning two continents, Asia & Europe; linked by some of the world’s most scenic and exhilerating riding, this tour combines the very best of the two continents. This extraordinary ride will take in the stunning scenery of Eastern Europe and the wonders of Turkey, finishing at the greatest gathering of BMW motorcycle enthusiasts on earth, the incredible BMW Days held in Garmsich-Partenkirchen, spectacularly set in the Bavarian Alps of Germany. Join Compass Expeditions as we explore this superb region of Europe and Turkey.
Visiting some of the worlds most spectacular cities and landmarks, the tour promises to be the trip of of a lifetime.
Grade 2 Bike Tour
This tour is mainly on traffic free paved B roads that are generally in good condition; however, occasionally we ride on minor roads through villages and dirt surfaces that can occasionally contain some potholes and loose gravel. There are some tracks that take us to some historic places but they are optional and very manageable for most riders.
For more information about our Ride Grade System Please Click Here
Distance: approx 4,020 km / 2,498 mi
|2014 Dates||Tour Code||Prices (BMW F700 GS)
|18th Jun to 5th Jul 2014||EMW/180614||Rider: € 8,200.00||AVAILABLE|
|Co-Rider: € 4,100.00||4 PLACES|
|BMW F800 GS||€ 540.00||AVAILABLE|
|BMW R1200 GS||€ 720.00||AVAILABLE|
- BMW Days Festival
Tour start: Göcek
Tour end: Garmsich-Partenkirchen, Germany
Accommodation: 18 nights & 1 bonus night
Single Supplement: € 630.00
Ride Days: 14
With the option of visiting Istanbul after arriving in Turkey, the ride starts in Asia on the beautiful southern Mediterranean coast and heads northwards taking in some beautiful roads and some amazing historical sites such as the Roman city of Ephesus and Troy. Heading through the wonderfully scenic route of the Kaz Mountains, the tour spends a day at The Anzac battlefields and memorial site – now a large National Park, riders can visit the various memorials, cemeteries and museum before departing the next day to cross the border into Greece. Passing via Kavala, we visit the astounding mountain-top monasteries of Meteora with a rest day before departing through Albania.
We ride the wonderfully scenic Dalmatian coast of Croatia visiting the Adriatic city of Dubrovnik and into the beautiful national park of Plitlivce. Now in Europe, we ride through multicultural Slovenia to Venice, Italy with a day rest to visit the incredibly atmospheric ‘floating city’.
Moving into the Dolomites of northern Italy we will spend 2 days riding what are arguably the best biking roads in the world, with mile after mile of mountain passes and switchbacks before arriving in Garmisch-Partenkirchen to attend the biggest BMW motorrad festival in the world, with a chance to try the latest bikes, test your off-road skills, or simply relax and soak up the atmosphere.
- Airport Transfers from Dalaman Intl.
- Motorcycle rental BMW F650/F700 GS
- Panniers and top case
- Tolls and ferry charges
- Support vehicle with passenger carrying ability
- Bi-lingual motorcycle guide
- Breakfast’s everyday
- Lunches and dinners as per tour option
- Accommodation in excellent small hotels
- 1 bonus night accommodation
- Services of ride leader and support vehicle driver
- Pre-departure material and route maps
- Compass Expeditions dress shirt
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
- International flights and airport taxes
- Visas (if required)
- Personal items
- Entrances to historical sites
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- 18 nights hotels & 1 bonus night
- Accommodation ranges from small family run hotels through to 4 star hotels,
- A flexible attitude is needed as standards are not always what we are accustomed to.
- Single supplement: € 630.00
On every day of the tour we include breakfast. We include mentioned dinners in reliable restaurants we have used many times before.
Breakfasts: 18 / Dinners: 10
- Please note that you will need to be in Göcek one day prior to start of expedition. Please be aware that Göcek is a 20 minute drive from Dalaman International Airport (Airport transfers included)
- All international flights stop over in Istanbul, Dalaman International is a one hour flight from Istanbul
It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of expedition. Compass Expeditions has negotiated a 10% discount with various insurance providers, see Travel Insurance for details.