Simon Pavey’s Off-Road Motorcycle Skills Course
Victoria: Receive training by one of the worlds most experienced off road motorcycle riders
Compass Expeditions are thrilled to have world renown Dakar rider Simon Pavey conduct a motorcycling training school in the spectacular Victorian High Country. Simon has competed in 9 Dakar’s events thus far having completed an amazing 7 of them. The training weekend will be followed by an amazing 5 day motorcycle ride-out / tour with Simon as the ride leader where participants can practice what they have learn’t. This is a unique training experience where you can learn from one of the worlds very best riders.
Grade 1 Training
The training course that Ewan and Charley completed before their epic Long Way Round ride.
The Course is all off road and riders will be taught how to manage steep inclines, loose gravel and rocky surfaces which are all part of this training experience where clients will learn all the essential skills to become a competent and safe off road rider
For more information about our Ride Grade System Please Click Here
DATES & PRICES
|2014 Dates: 1st Nov to 2nd Nov 2014||Tour CODE: ORS/011114|
|Bring your own bike||AU $895.00||FULL|
|Suzuki DR 650||AU $995.00||FULL|
|BMW Sertao 650||AU $1,030.00||FULL|
|BMW F 700 GS Twin||AU $1,070.00||FULL|
|BMW F 800 GS||AU $1,095.00||FULL|
|BMW R 1200 GS||AU $1,120.00||FULL|
Accommodation & Dinner Packages
Single Occupancy: AU $580.00
Shared (Twin or Double): AU $380.00
- Learning to lift, balance and manoeuvre a motorcycle in awkward situations.
- Maneuvering the motorcycle at slow speeds, and clutch control exercises.
- Improved braking ability.
- Ascending and descending hills safely and confidently.
- Trail riding on gravel fire roads and dirt tracks.
- Changeover ride (a short opportunity to test-ride the various bikes).
- Momentum exercises.
Tour start: Mansfield, Victoria
Tour end: Mansfield, Victoria
Ride Days: 2
- Motorcycle rental as per your selection (if not bringing your own bike)
- Support vehicle
- Breakfast everyday
- Picnic Lunches
- Services of Simon Pavey and trainers and support vehicle driver
- Pre-departure material
- Access to satellite phone, pay per minute
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
- International flights
- Transfers to / from Mansfield
- Visas (if required)
- Personal items
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Accommodation is not included in the training weekend.
- Optional accommodation / dinner packages available.
On both days we include breakfast and a picnic lunch days.
Breakfasts: 3 / Lunches: 2 / Dinners: 0
- Please note that you will need to be in Mansfield the evening prior to start of expedition.
It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of expedition. Compass Expeditions has negotiated a 10% discount with various insurance providers, see Travel Insurance for details.