Simon Pavey’s Off-Road Motorcycle Skills Course
Victoria: Receive training by one of the worlds most experienced off road motorcycle riders
Compass Expeditions are thrilled to have world renown Dakar Rally racer Simon Pavey and the Off Road Skills team conduct a motorcycling training school in Victoria’s spectacular High Country. Simon has competed in 10 Dakar events thus far having completed an amazing 8 of them. The training weekend will be followed by an amazing 5 day motorcycle ride-out / tour with Simon as the ride leader where participants can practice what they have learnt. This is a unique training experience where you can learn from one of the worlds very best riders. *Please note if booking this course only, a Compass rental bike is not available*
Grade 1 Training
The training course that Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman completed before their epic Long Way Round ride.
The Course is all off road and riders will be taught how to manage steep inclines, loose gravel and rocky surfaces which are all part of this training experience where clients will learn all the essential skills to become a competent and safe off road rider.
“Best training I have ever had” Jim 2015,
” I was about to get out of biking but this training has re-inspired me” Peter 2015
For more information about our Ride Grade System Please Click Here
DATES, PRICES & AVAILABILITY
|2016 Dates: 12th Nov to 13th Nov 2016||Tour CODE: ORS/121116|
|Bring your own bike||AU $1345.00||AVAILABLE|
|Suzuki DR 650||AU $1,445.00||1 BIKE|
|BMW Sertao 650||AU $1,480.00||2 BIKES|
|BMW F 700 GS Twin||AU $1,520.00||1 BIKE|
|BMW F 800 GS||AU $1,545.00||FULL|
|BMW R 1200 GS||AU $1,570.00||FULL|
- Learning to lift, balance and manoeuvre a motorcycle in awkward situations.
- Maneuvering the motorcycle at slow speeds, and clutch control exercises.
- Improved braking ability.
- Ascending and descending hills safely and confidently.
- Trail riding on gravel fire roads and dirt tracks.
- Changeover ride (a short opportunity to test-ride the various bikes).
- Momentum exercises.
Tour start: Mansfield, Victoria
Tour end: Mansfield, Victoria
Ride Days: 2
- Motorcycle rental as per your selection (if not bringing your own bike)
- 3 nights accommodation
- 3 Dinners
- Support vehicle
- Breakfast everyday
- Picnic Lunches
- Melbourne city to Mansfield transfer for those on a Compass Expeditions bike
- Services of Simon Pavey and ORS trainers and support vehicle driver
- Pre-departure material
- Access to satellite phone, pay per minute
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
- International flights
- Transfers to / from airport
- Visas (if required)
- Personal items
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- 3 nights accommodation is included in the training weekend.
On all days we include breakfast and picnic lunches.
Breakfasts: 3 / Lunches: 2 / Dinners: 3
- Please note that you will need to be in Mansfield the evening prior to start of training.
It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of expedition. Compass Expeditions has negotiated a 10% discount with various insurance providers, see Travel Insurance for details.