South African Safari
South Africa: A country renown for its staggering beauty and astonishing wildlife, join Compass Expeditions as we ride our BMW’s through this remarkable landscape.
This motorcycle SAFARI of South Africa will leave you breathless; it combines beautiful rides through curving mountain passes with exceptional wildlife and cultural experiences these are the key ingredients for an unforgettable African experience. Starting in Pretoria (The capital of South Africa) we make our way up into Mpumalanga (biker’s paradise) where we enjoy a Big 5 safari into the world famous Kruger National Park. We then wind our way down through Swaziland, an African Kingdom, stopping in to view hippos and crocodiles in St. Lucia before following the Indian Ocean all the way down to Cape Agulhas, the Southern most point of Africa. Highlights include riding through African Villages in the wild coast, exploring breathtaking coastal roads in Cape Town, experiencing the mountain passes of the Garden route and the enjoying the wonderful meanderings of Route 62.
Grade 1 Bike Tour
This ride is suitable for off-road novice and two-up riding. 100 % of this ride is on pavement, however there is the option of some off road riding if preferred
For more information about our Ride Grade System Please Click Here
Distance: approx 3,880 km / 2,425 mi
This tour is eligible for our “Bring a Mate Program”
We think “The more the merrier!” so encourage friends to book this tour and you’ll all receive discounts. Once a minimum of 4 riders are booked on the tour the discounts start coming in and you could save up to $750 per rider. Click to read about our “Bring a Mate Program“
DATES & PRICES
|2013 Dates: 16th Nov to 2nd Dec 2013||Tour CODE: SAS/161113|
|BMW G 650 GS||US $5,400.00||AVAILABLE|
|BMW F 800 GS||US $6,240.00||AVAILABLE|
|BMW R 1200 GS||US $6,600.00||AVAILABLE|
|Co-rider||US $1,999.00||4 PLACES|
- Mpumalanga (Bikers paradise)
- Kruger National Park
- Kingdom of Swaziland
- St. Lucia (World Heritage site) and game drive
- Sunset cruise on Knysna Lagoon
- Oribi Gorge, Hole in the wall
- The Garden Route
- Cape Agulhas (Southern Most Tip of Africa)
- Cape Town
Tour start: Pretoria
Tour end: Cape Town
Accommodation: 17 nights & 1 bonus night
Single Supplement: AU$ 580
Ride Days: 13 (Bikes are available on the rest days if desired)
After enjoying a tour of the Capital city, Pretoria, we head into the north eastern regions of South Africa. We ride through Magoebaskloof, land of rain queens, and then down into Mpumalanga, an amazing place known to locals as, bikers paradise. Here we explore the beautiful mountain roads surrounding the largest green canyon in the world, stopping in to see waterfalls and rock formations and enjoy a rest day spent on a big 5 Safari into the Kruger National Park. We then continue down through the mountain kingdom of Swaziland to St. Lucia- a world heritage site and enjoy a sunset cruise to spot hippos and crocodiles.
Heading inland again we visit Oribi Gorge, a small canyon in Kwazulu Natal, after which we head to South Africa’s Wild Coast, birthplace of Nelson Mandela, exploring 300km/187ml of untouched coastline with amazing sea views. The legendary Garden Route in next on the list as we visit Knysna with its wonderful lagoon and eco reserves. You may wish to ride an elephant here before continuing on through the wonderful roads in the area, and then up to Oudtshoorn, South Africa’s Ostrich capital.
Last Three Days
From Oudtshoorn we explore South Africa’s very own ROUTE 62, a scenic drive taking us all the way down to Cape Agulhas (The Southern most Point of Africa) from here its beautiful coastal roads all the way to Cape Town where you have a chance to explore Cape Peninsula, before ending the tour on day 17.
- Airport Transfers
- Motorcycle rental as per your selection
- Support vehicle with passenger carrying ability
- Breakfast’s everyday
- Lunches and dinners as mentioned
- 17 night accommodation as per your selection
- 1 bonus night accommodation
- Services of ride leader and support vehicle driver
- Pre-departure material and route maps
- Compass Expeditions dress shirt
- Day Safari into Kruger National Park
- Shangana Evening festival
- Hippo and croc sunset cruise in St. Lucia
- Entrance fees to Cango Caves and Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Free shuttle service Johannesburg international airport and to the Cape Town International Airport
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
- International flights
- Visas (if required)
- Personal items
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- All items not mentioned in “Price includes”
- All meals other than those specified in “Price includes”
- All Entrance fees other than those specified in “Price includes”
- 17 nights in 3-4 star hotels and lodges & 1 bonus night
- A flexible attitude is needed, as services in these extremely remote regions of Australia may be not what you are accustomed to.
- Single supplement: AU$ 580.00
On every day of the tour we include breakfast. On mentioned ride days we provide a picnic lunch that we prepare ourselves from our mobile kitchen. We include mentioned dinners in reliable restaurants we have used many times before.
Breakfasts: 16 / Lunches: 14 / Dinners: 16
- Please note that you will need to be in Pretoria one day prior to start of expedition.
It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of expedition. Compass Expeditions has negotiated a 10% discount with various insurance providers, see Travel Insurance for details.