South Africa & Namibia: An amazing ride into Southern Africa including award winning game lodges, spectacular scenery and incredible riding
An incredible journey through Southern Africa that has it all, from epic wildlife experiences in renown national parks to evening gatherings of wildlife at waterholes inside private game reserves. We experience the world’s oldest desert and visit towering mountains of sand that glow red at sunrise, we ride breathtaking coastal roads that hug the cliffs above the shoreline and meet cultures that defy belief, so removed from our own. If remote empty tracks, endless star laden skies, incredible wildlife experiences, unique African cultures & diverse stunning landscapes are your thing, then this epic 14-day ride is your ride.
Dates & Prices
10th May 2020 to 25th May 2020
Tour Code: SF/100520
|Rider / BMW F750 GS||US$6400||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / BMW F850 GS||US$6550||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / BMW R1250 GS||US$6690||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / BMW R1200 GSA||US$7090||: AVAILABLE|
|Pillion / Support Vehicle||US$4990||: AVAILABLE|
At a Glance
- Big 5 game drive at award winning Aquilla Game Reserve
- Southernmost tip of the African continent
- The Orange River
- Fish River Canyon
- The incomparable desert scenery of Namibia's Deadvlei
- Working farm stay at Burgsdorf
- Private game reserve at Omaruru
- World renown Etosha National Park
- Game drive at Etosha
- Airport Transfers
- Motorcycle rental as per your selection
- Support vehicle with passenger carrying ability
- 15 breakfasts
- 12 lunches
- 12 dinners
- 14 nights accommodation in excellent small hotels and safari lodges
- 1 bonus night accommodation in Cape Town
- Services of Compass ride leader
- Services of Compass support vehicle driver
- Pre-departure material and route maps
- Access to satellite phone, pay per minute
- Compass Expeditions polo shirt
- Entrances to all national Parks mentioned in the itinerary
- Aquilla Game Reserve game drive City Tour
- Fish River Canyon entrance
- Burgsdorf game drive
- Namibia's Dune 45 & Deadvlei excursion in the Namib -Naukluft National Park
- Game drive in Etosha National Park
- International flights
- Visas (if required)
- Personal items
- Personal Health/Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
If you require a low bike option we have a lowered suspension or lowered seat BMW F750 GS available: Free of charge
All accommodation is twin or double share, if you would like a single room there will be a single supplement: US$ 1,650
(please note, you may be required to share a bathroom at least once on this trip).
Our motorcycles are insured and have a damage excess of US$ 2500, you can reduce the excess by taking advantage of our Excess Reduction Policy: US$ 25 per day
Joining Day: Your Cape Town airport transfer will take you directly to our joining hotel, ready for an early start tomorrow. Today you will meet your crew for your tour briefing and welcome dinner.
Day 1: Departing Cape Town, we take the legendary Chapmans Peak Drive around False Bay to Arniston, near the southernmost tip of Africa
Day 2: We take a ride out to the southernmost point on the African continent, at L’Agulhas before turning north to the award winning Big 5 game reserve, Aquila Private Game Reserve
Day 3: Today’s ride sees us hit the dirt tracks of the mighty Cederberg Wilderness Area before reaching the frontier town of Clanwilliam
Day 4: We ride north via Nieuwoudlville, home to an amazing motorcycle collection before crossing into the Northern Cape region for our overnight stay at the wonderful Springbok
Day 5: A very short ride day today where we cross into Namibia onto the beautiful Norotshama resort on the banks of the Orange River.
Day 6: Another short, but utterly spectacular ride through the vast desert landscapes of Southern Namibia to our overnight stop at the amazing Gondwana Roadhouse, near Fish River Canyon
Day 7: Mostly dirt today as we ride north through more stunning desert vistas to the remote Burgsdorf Goat farm for a wonderful night of true Namibian hospitality
Day 8: We ascend to over 1500mt today as we ride west through the oldest desert on earth, to Sesriem, on the edge of the Namib – Naukluft Park.
Day 9: A day off the bikes today as we have a very early start to visit the Namib – Nakluft Park at sunrise. We visit dune 45 and the beautiful Deadvlei.
Day 10: We cross the Tropic of Capricorn today onto our way to Swakopmund, a city sandwiched between the Atlantic coast and the dunes of the Namib Desert
Day 11: We ride along the Skeleton Coast before turning due east and riding onto the absolutely superb Omaruru Game Lodge
Day 12: Described as one of the world’s greatest wildlife viewing venues, we arrive at Etosha National Park in time to enjoy an afternoon Game Drive. The list of animals you will see is endless.
Day 13: A day off the bikes we include an early morning game drive, this is quite often the best time to see animals as they gather around the waterholes. Real Africa!
Day 14: Our final day will see us ride due south to the Namibian capital of Windhoek.
Departure day: Spend some time in Windhoek or fly home, the choice is yours.
- 15 nights of accommodation.
Our accommodations range from small familyrun hotels, award winning private gamereserves through to classic safari lodges.
A flexible attitude is needed as standards are not always what we are accustomed to. All accommodation is on a twin share basis. If you are traveling alone, we will pair you up with another solo traveler. However, if you prefer single accommodation a single supplement is available: US$1650
- On every day of the tour we include breakfast: 15 Breakfasts
- On mentioned ride days we provide a picnic lunch that we prepare ourselves from our mobile kitchen: 12 Lunches
- We include mentioned dinners in reliable restaurants we have used many times before: 12 Dinners
- You will need to be in Cape Town, one day prior to start of expedition, for your joining day (a bonus nights accommodation is included)
- All riders must have a valid motorcycle license and at least two years riding experience.
- It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of expedition.
Our late model BMW GS bikes are well maintained and with low mileage. On tour with us will be a mechanic and our support vehicles have the capacity to carry a bike if required.