Alaska, USA: Ride the "last frontier"wilderness that is Alaska, the scenic wonderland high above the Arctic Circle
Alaska still remains one of the true "last frontier" destinations and offers a scenic overload for bikers, but with a few creature comforts. This 17 day ride begins by exploring the utterly stunning coastal fishing villages of Alaska before riding into the vast remote interior and riding the legendary Dalton Highway to Prudhoe Bay, a ride on every bikers bucket list. North Americas highest mountain, massive glaciers, wildlife, wild Alaskan rivers, abandoned mining towns, endless tundra and "only in Alaska" back country lodges all feature in this the Northern Hemispheres answer to Patagonia.
Dates & Prices
14th June 2022 to 2nd July 2022
Tour Code: TN/140622
|Rider / Suzuki V-Strom||US$11835||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / F700 GS||US$12250||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / F800 GS||US$12525||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / R1200 GS||US$12985||: AVAILABLE|
|Pillion / Support Vehicle||US$9535||: AVAILABLE|
14th June 2023 to 2nd July 2023
Tour Code: TN/14062023
|Rider / Suzuki V-Strom||US$13020||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / F700 GS||US$13470||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / F800 GS||US$13775||: AVAILABLE|
|Rider / R1200 GS||US$14280||: AVAILABLE|
|Pillion / Support Vehicle||US$10490||: AVAILABLE|
At a Glance
- Turnagain Arm
- Port town of Seward
- North Americas highest peak of Mt McKinley
- Crossing the Arctic Circle
- Remote Coldfoot truck stop
- Riding the legendary Dalton Highway
- End of the road at Prudhoe Bay
- Stunning Wrangell / St Elias National Park
- Breathtaking Valdez
- Matanusa Glacier
- Airport Transfers
- Motorcycle rental as per your selection.
- Support vehicle with passenger carrying ability
- 17 nights accommodation in excellent small hotels
- 1 bonus night accommodation
- 17 breakfasts
- 13 Lunches
- 7 Dinners
- Services of ride leader and support vehicle driver
- Pre-departure material and route maps
- Access to satellite phone, pay per minute
- Compass Expeditions polo shirt
- Entrances to all national parks mentioned in the itinerary
- Colombia Glacier boat cruise
- Flight over Mt McKinley
- International Flights
- Visas (if required)
- Personal health/ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
All accommodation is twin or double share, if you would like a single room there will be a single supplement: US$ 2550
(please note, you may be required to share a bathroom at least once on this trip).
Our motorcycles are insured and have a damage excess of US$ 4000, you can reduce the excess by taking advantage of our Excess Reduction Policy: US$ 25 per day
Joining Day: Your Anchorage airport transfer will take you directly to our joining hotel, ready for an early start tomorrow. Today you will meet your crew for your tour briefing and welcome dinner.
Day 1: A beautiful ride along the Turnagain Arm through the Chugach Mountains to spectacular Homer.
Day 2: A free day in the stunning fishing village of Homer. Maybe a fishing trip or bear viewing trip (optional) .
Day 3: Another stunning ride day onto the Kenai Peninsular to Seward
Day 4: Today we turn north via Hatchers Pass before reaching Talkeetna spectacularly located in the shadow of Mt McKinley, North Americas highest mountain
Day 5: Free day today allowing us time to enjoy a flight over Mt McKinley (included).
Day 6: Further north the landscapes opens out as we reach the Alaskan interior over-nighting in Fairbanks.
Day 7: We cross the Yukon River & Arctic Circle and following the legendary Dalton Highway over-nighting at the famous Coldfoot truck-stop
Day 8: Continuing due north on the "Haul Road" we cross the Atigun Pass before descending onto the Arctic Tundra and the end of the road at Deadhorse, true Alaska!!
Day 9: After a tour of the oil fields at Prudhoe Bay we turn south along the "haul Road" for a completely different view, over-nighting at Coldfoot.
Day 10: Back into the mountains we reach Chena Hotsprings where we can wash off the dirt from the Dalton and relax in the hot spring resort.
Day 11: A free day today at Chena Hotsprings where we can visit the Aurora Museum, go dog mushing, horse riding or quad biking (all optional).
Day 12: We hit the renown Alaskan Highway and ride south to the wonderful true Alaskan lodge of Tangle River Inn.
Day 13: We ride into the stunning Wrangell / St Elias National Park over-nighting at a superb lodge scenically located near the old copper mining town of McCarthy.
Day 14: Today we reach spectacular Valdez surrounded by the tallest coastal mountains on earth.
Day 15: A free day where we can enjoy a full day boat trip out to Colombia Glacier (included)
Day 16: We leave Valdez for more spectacular riding to our overnight stop at Majestic Valley.
Day 17: Our final day will see us visit the Matanuska Glacier en-route to Anchorage.
Departure day: Spend some time in Anchorage or fly home, the choice is yours.
On the more difficult sections pillions can travel in the support vehicle.
We can expect temperatures of around 15 - 25 Celsius / 60 - 80 Fahrenheit during the day, very cold at night.
- 18 nights of accommodation.
- Our accommodations range from small family run Alaskan Lodges & even a remote truckstop through to 4 star hotels.
- A flexible attitude is needed as standards are not always what we are accustomed to.
- All accommodation is on a twin share basis. If you are traveling alone we will pair you up with another solo traveler. However, if you prefer single accommodation a single supplement is available: US$ 2550.00 (please note that you may be required to share a bathroom at least once on this trip)
- On every day of the tour we include breakfast: 17 Breakfasts
- On mentioned ride days we provide a picnic lunch that we prepare ourselves from our mobile kitchen: 13 Lunches
- We include mentioned dinners in excellent restaurants: 7 Dinners
- You will need to be in Anchorage one day prior to start of expedition, for your joining day (a bonus nights accommodation is included)
- All riders must have a valid motorcycle license and at least two years riding experience.
- It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate insurance for this type of expedition.
Suzuki Vstrom 650
TOUR AND EXPEDITION TRAVEL INSURANCE
|At Compass Expeditions we work hard to make sure that your motorcycle tour runs smoothly and safely. Your welfare is of primary concern to us and we know that we cannot control every situation on the road or while you are traveling.
Accidents happen, luggage is lost and tour or flight cancellations can occur, so it is our policy that all participants of Compass Expeditions tours have an appropriate level of travel insurance to cover the unforeseen. This is not only compulsory when joining a Compass Expeditions motorcycle tour, but it makes sense.
|We have sourced a number of companies that will provide you coverage in the event of an accident and/or other losses, depending on the policy selected and better still will give all Compass Expeditions customers a 10% discount off the advertised rates when purchasing through the our website, (this offer is not available over the phone). Compass Expeditions does not endorse, recommend or guarantee payment in the event of a claim from any of the insurers mentioned. We do know that they will offer a policy for clients riding a motorcycle OVER 250cc (including our bikes). This is a critical point to ensure when purchasing a policy. Compass Expeditions are offering this information as a service only to ensure all our clients are properly protected.|
Travel Cover for Australians:
Just a quick word of thanks to you and the Compass crew that made our recent trip possible. You, once again, did not disappoint and we intend to do another trip with you in the near future!